- European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Commissioner Johannes Hahn is expected to present and discuss the 2018 Enlargement Package with the Foreign Affairs Committee. The paper assesses reforms in the Western Balkans and Turkey as well as whether countries like Serbia or Montenegro are closer to EU membership.
- Public hearing about Preventing and Countering Radicalisation chaired by ALDE MEP and Chair of the Special Committee on Terrorism Nathalie Griesbeck.
Date: 24 of April, from 9:00–12:30 and 14:30–18:00 / Place: Brussels, European Parliament, Room ASP 3E2.
- The Budget Committee will vote on €4.6 million of aid from the Globalisation Adjustment Fund for former Caterpillar workers in Belgium. This should facilitate the re-integration into the labour market of 2.287 employees who were made redundant by the construction machine producer’s Belgian factory and by several suppliers in the course of 2017.
- The European Parliament will host a conference on Digital Future, the challenge of the digital revolution, chaired by President Antonio Tajani and Commissioner of Digital Economy and Society Mariya Gabriel and debates with ALDE MEPs, experts and other political leaders.
- The Civil Liberties Committee with vote on new rules establishing an EU single procedure for asylum claims, with the aim of avoiding so-called asylum-shopping. It should simplify and shorten asylum procedures as well as include guarantees for asylum seekers. It would also introduce an EU-wide definition of the concept of safe third (non-EU) countries.
- The Environment, Public Health and Food Safety Committee will vote several files including the implementation of the circular economy package: options to address the interface between chemical, product and waste legislation with ALDE MEP Anneli Jäätteenmäki as co-rapporteur and the implementation of the Ecodesign Directive (2009/125/EC) with ALDE MEP Frédérique Ries as rapporteur.
- The Committee on Employment and Social Affairs will vote on the adoption of a draft opinion on enforcement requirements and specific rules for posting drivers in the road transport sector, with ALDE MEP Martina Dlabajová as rapporteur.
- Public Hearing about EU-Morocco Relations. The Current State of Play chaired by ALDE MEPs Patricia Lalonde, Hilde Vautmans, Teresa Giménez Barbat and Ivo Vajgl.
Date: 25 of April from 15:00–18:30 / Place: Brussels, European Parliament, Room ASP 5G1
More info HERE.
- The Special Committee on Financial Crimes, Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance with ALDE MEPs Petr Ježek as President and Nils Torvalds as Coordinator, will offer a public hearing about the Combat of Money Laundering in the EU Banking System. The aim of the hearing is to acquire a more complete and detailed understanding of the risks posed by money laundering in the EU banking sector with a view to improving the supervisory system and reducing these risks.